top of page

Grammar Schools favour apartheid, but with more Latin vocab

The Education secretary explained: ‘Those who don’t pass the 11+ are simply not trying hard enough and belong in a secondary modern or the nearest diamond mine. The important thing is to raise attainment; a bespoke lifestyle for the top 10% and the other 90% (the troglodytes) they get to serve the drinks. The gifted need to feel special...chosen...pure. We want a meritocracy, provided we get extra merits for being rich. And arbitrarily judging a child at a certain age and then killing them isn’t madness – it is Sparta!’

If you enjoyed this archive item, why not buy thousands of archive stories found in our eBooks, paperbacks and hardbacks?

Earth to be Recycled

Five go Dobbing in the Neighbours

15 Years of Typos

17 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page